In line with the Department of Health and Social Care’s campaign ‘Made with Care’, Guinness Care ran a 6-week digital series, showcasing what it’s like to work in the care and support sector.
Following last year's ‘Every Day is Different’ campaign, The Department of Health and Social Care were once more looking to celebrate the vital and fantastic work that care workers do, in the hope of inspiring those with matching values and attitudes to choose a career in care. This phase of the campaign was called ‘Made with Care’.
To support the campaign, Guinness Care ran a 6-week digital series to help guide people to their perfect role in care and support.
Adult Social Care attracts all kinds of people with one thing in common: a desire to help make a difference every day. Many people do not realise the huge range of rewarding and challenging work that care workers undertake as well as the variety of care settings that people work in.
“There’s a care role out there for you”
Our series tackled perceived barriers whilst showcasing the opportunities available and celebrating the way care and support employees empower the people they care for.
The key message was: it doesn’t matter if you have no previous experience in care - if you’re passionate about helping others, you’re the perfect candidate! There are a lot of different roles available, depending on where you’d like to work or what you want to do, and we can help you find the right fit.
Over the 6 weeks, we featured various stories from across Guinness Care – including Q&A’s with colleagues, guides and good news stories. Missed it? Don't worry - you can find a selection of key content below:
- Week 1: Myth Busting - Let us help you sort fact from fiction with our myth busting article!
- Week 2: A Career for Life! - There are many different roles in Care and Support, and every day is different. Read our interview with Josette who has set herself up a career for life.
- Week 3: Opportunities to Develop - We are committed to recruiting and developing the very best people. This article explains what's on offer in an interview with Guinness Care Trainer, Trudy.
- Week 4: The Importance of Personal Qualities - Adult Social Care attracts all kinds of people with one thing in common: a desire to help make a difference every day. Read our conversation with Jemayma about her role as a Care and Support Enabler.
- Week 5: Our Teams are #MadeWithCare! - Our frontline teams are the heart of Guinness Care. We look at the past year to showcase a few of the special moments our colleagues have shared and shine a light on some of their achievements.
- Week 6: Wrap up and Care-Kits. - Our frontline teams spend so much time caring for others, we wanted to remind them to care for themselves too.
A huge thank you to everyone who got involved with our Made With Care series.
A career in care and support is a complex and incredibly rewarding journey, with a real opportunity to make a difference to someone’s life. It doesn’t matter if you have no previous experience - if you’re passionate about helping others, you’re our perfect candidate. To apply for roles in your area, visit our careers page.
For more content like this, follow us on Social Media:
The #MadeWithCare campaign is run by Department of Health and Social Care - DHSC