The safety of our customers and colleagues is our top priority. We have extra safety precautions in place to keep you and our colleagues safe, without compromising our high standards of care and support.
To help us carry out our work in a way that minimises the spread of coronavirus, you may notice our carers following these safety measures when they visit you:
- Our carers will frequently wash their hands or use hand sanitiser gel during the course of a visit.
- We may ask you some questions about coronavirus, such as whether you (or other people in your household) have any symptoms, or are self-isolating. This is so that we can take appropriate infection control measures during and after your visit.
- Your carer may wear gloves, aprons or face masks during visits, even if they would normally not do so. This is nothing to worry about, and only a safety precaution.
- If another member of your household is self-isolating, or if you have other visitors at your home during a care visit, we may need to ask them to keep a 2-metre distance from our carers (preferably in another room in your home), during the visit.
- We may ask you different questions about other support you may be receiving, but our staff will always explain to you why we need to know these things.
We will continue to deliver care and support to customers even if they (or someone in their household) has symptoms or a confirmed case of coronavirus. To help minimise the risk of infection, our carers will wear protective clothing such as a face mask, apron and gloves, and will wash their hands frequently before, during and after the visit.
Please remember to call your local office to tell us if you or anyone in your household has a confirmed case of coronavirus or is self-isolating; this is so we can make sure you have the right support during this time.
We’ll keep you informed about any important updates about your service or our working arrangements, either by letter with your weekly care rota, or by telephone calls in the interim.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of your care, please just let us know by talking to your carer, or by contacting your local office.
We are following the latest Government advice and have put extra safety measures in place to protect both our customers and carers during the coronavirus pandemic.
We continue to provide high quality care and are still welcoming new customers. If you need extra support with personal care, shopping or meal times, help with cleaning or picking up your medicine, or more complex needs, please get in touch to discuss how we can help you.